Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Case of the Tuesdays

Tuesdays really use to get me when I worked full time... at a desk... in an office.

I even obnoxiously loved my job. But Tuesdays. Yikes. Why? I have concurred it is because have SO much of the week left and you are still tired from adjusting back on Monday.

But now as a mom I work 7 days a week and never sleep in since fox wakes at 6:30-7am most days. I don't mind it. I've always been an early riser. I have actually grown to love the early morning because it is such a sweet time for solitude or personal time. Whether its time in my bible, time with God, time with my girl friends at cross fit, time to read, or time to write, or time to take a long shower too. Those were the days right? Anyway early morning can be good. I think the other part I value is the discipline. I am a lover of disciplines. I guess it's the first born in me, but I love doing things that are not easy to do. That looked obnoxious as I just read it. It isn't meant to be. That is just part of my personality. I enjoy being challenged.

All that to say- here are some good, thought provoking reads I found this week to solve a good case of the Tuesdays.
  • As a mom, do you find it hard to live out your childhood dreams? I don't mean the dream of being a mom- I always dreamed of being a mom and I thank God every day for the gift, but the other stuff. The stuff that makes you who you are and the stuff that makes our kids dream and aspire for big goals? I am thankful I had a mom who lived her life. Who traveled, got a masters, learned new trades, mastered several different kinds of careers and all the while was highly involved in my life. I thought this blog was a good jump start on how to focus some goals.

  • Mommy hood can be hard. Have you ever been at a park, or the mall, or anywhere really and wished you would have talked to another mom there alone? I have kicked myself a few times and this made me decide to commit to talking to them in the future.
  • I have been doing cross fit for 6 months and I still cant kip on pull ups. I am watching this in hopes that THIS WILL BE THE MONTH!
  • Read my friend's AMAZING story of how they paid off some serious debt. Inspired by them DAILY.
Happy Tuesday!

~an Officer and a Mrs.