Back in April, when Officer and I started Cross Fit, we decided to go big or go home. Its our style, so we started doing Paleo 6 days a week with a few modifications, and a cheat day on Saturdays. After two months of this, and 2 months of Cross Fit we both went down a size, lost noticeable weight and were noticeably more toned. Who wouldn't love that?
In June we started the Whole30 challenge with our Cross Fit gym. It included a point system and a victory prize for the most intense participant. Officer and I decided to keep up with our points but not enter for the prize. You would get your money back if you made it to a certain place. This seemed a little intimidating for us so we decided to do points but no cash. The first few days were horrific. I gave up diet coke for the first time in 3 years and had to drink coffee with NO sugar in it, just unsweetened almond or coconut milk...this was devastating at first. I took a road trip the first weekend on this diet and it literally sucked the fun out of the whole trip.
After week 2 when I felt like I had a handle on the cravings, I decided to do the Isagenix 9 day cleanse. Why?
1. I had never done a cleanse and some of my friends who have told me they are life changing.
2. A year ago I was talking with an older friend and I asked her what I had to do to look and feel the way she did at her age. She said, do the isagenix cleanse once a year, it will change your life.
3. I had plateaued a little bit and I knew I could make some more changes but didn't know where, so this was a good jump start.
The cleanse looks like this:Phase one: drink cleanse for life liquid and water every 4 hours, snack on their sugar wafers or a list of approved snacks. (Days 1-2)
Phase two: Drink 2 meals in shakes of Isalean and then one approved meal with sugar wafer snacks and the approved list. (Days 3-7)
Phase three: Drink cleanse for life liquid and water every 4 hours, back on their sugar wafers or a list of approved snacks. (Days 8-9)
So with all that, I started the cleanse. I started the cleanse at 138 pounds. The first 2 days were almost unbearable. Nothing to drink but water, not even black coffee for 9 days? This was a very mentally hard time, but also great to work on this discipline. I lost 4 pounds the first day so I went to the next phase from there so I would not lose too much weight. I was after all doing cross fit during this and wanting to tone more than drop pounds. I completed 5 days of cross fit while doing the cleanse, some days were harder than others but over all my energy went up. I consumed more of the approved cleanse snacks than most people who have done the cleanse did, and I think that was mainly due to the high activity work outs I was doing. I lost 4 pounds during this cleanse, and most people who have done it lose even more than that but it was life changing.
1. I have now substituted my morning coffee for decaf most days so I am not dependant on caffeine
2. I have an Isagenix shake every morning. I love it. It is 23 grams of protein and packed full of vitamins.
3. I have cleansed which is indeed a dedicated period of time. That is all I am going to say on that. :)
4. I experienced a few leg cramps and pain during this period of time that helped me determine serious vitamins I am lacking.
5. I learned as I brought food back that sweets are a major problem for me.