Wednesday, July 13, 2016

LEO wives

Dear Law Enforcement Officer wives,

Its been a week since our reality made a significant leap into a much darker place. A line in the sand was crossed. How has your week been? I have thought of all of you. In the moments I have felt alone and felt that no one understands, I have remembered each of you. As friends have loved me well, I have prayed that you have had friends love you well. When I have cried alone in the car, I have thought that maybe you are too. As we have researched and decided to invest in more protective gear I have prayed that you might have the funds to do it too.

It is a noble calling to be a police officer and its a noble calling to be the wife of one. It is not easy. It takes a strong woman, and I pray that you believe that about yourself.

A sweet friend sent me some scriptures to dwell on as I find my hope in the Lord in the coming weeks and months:

Isaiah 41:10
So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.

Isaiah 40:11
He tends his flock like a shepherd: He gathers the lambs in his arms and carries them close to his heart; he gently leads those that have young.

Hebrews 4:16
Let us then approach God's throne of grace with confidence, so that we may receive mercy and find grace to help us in our time of need.

We recently put this one by our door and it is my hope for my officer every time he leaves our house:
Judges 6:12
When the angel of the LORD appeared to Gideon, he said, "The LORD is with you, mighty warrior."

What a blessing it has been for me to have some good conversations with other police wives this past week. There is nothing better than feeling united in times of tragedy.

As you continue with business as usual this week, and supporting your officer in a MUCH needed career path. I want you to know you are not alone.

love,

a mrs. trying to love my officer well.