Friday, November 18, 2011

Roxanne Renee's sweet name

This post has been in the works for a long time. I thought I would finish baby girl now that you are sleeping 10-12 hours! You are such a stud!

Roxanne (meaning: dawn, bright, star)

This is one of my most favorite names in the world. First of all its my sister and best friend's middle name and second its my great-grandmother's name who is also the person that lead my mother to know Jesus. She was called, "Roxie". This name is full of spunk and so much legacy. I always liked the idea of having a family name and I was thrilled when Jeff also liked it. Its so special to me to see spunk and personality in my sweet Roxie and know she is carrying quite the legacy with her.

Renee (meaning: reborn)

This is also a name I always have loved and it is my sweet sister-in-law's middle name. Jeff is also very close to his sister and holds her very dear to his heart so it was so fun for us to pick a name with each of our sister's names in it.

Roxie Re, as I often call her, has two strong woman represented in her name that I can't wait to explain to her one day. We thank the Lord every day for our wonderful sisters and legacy in our family.

Jeff and I solidified this name while sitting in the waiting room, before we were admitted to begin the inducing process. You see, we were convinced Fox was a boy...boy were we wrong. It was pretty easy because we both thought it would be so special for our daughter, man did we weep when we saw our baby and that she was a GIRL!!