Friday, February 4, 2011

12 weeks = Healthy choices again!!

I am 12 weeks!!! See YA first trimester!! I welcome the second trimester where I supposedly become a new woman full of energy!! YAHOOO> you have NO IDEA how truly excited I am for this.

So I have a new breakfast I am bringing back. You see, in the morning (like I have said before) I am famished and if I don't get food in my stomach stat I get really sick (hopefully this will go away soon but who knows).

Anyway about a year ago, I started following this healthy lady's blog. Kath has the best recipes and addins to the recipe that you can purchase from her online store! I especially LOVE her oatmeal. So this morning I made this:


Whipped Banana Oatmeal
  • 1/3 cup old fashioned oats
  • 1/3 cup 1% or skim or soy milk
  • 1/2 cup water (I like my oats a bit liquidy – cut back to 1/3 a cup if you don’t)
  • 1/2 a banana, sliced
  • 1 tbsp chia seeds (they give the best fluffy texture!)
  • Pinch of kosher salt
  • Vanilla, stirred in at end
YOU CAN GO HERE TO SEE KATH's 

Here is my version this morning...based on what I had in my pantry


 The bananas you add in are the best surprise as you are eating your oatmeal!!
 I top mine with dark chocolate dreams...so YUMMY! Healthy alternative to regular peanut butter!
Delish!!

So another thing I have been making for my drive to work (for some reason I can get hungry all over again in the car + I miss sipping coffee on the way to work).

Orange Pineapple Banana Strawberry Smoothie
Sounds complicated but all it is:

This juice I get from whole foods, a cup of mixed berries (blueberries, raspberries, blackberries & strawberries) and 3 ice cubes.

NOW I am off to enjoy SNOW DAY NUMBER 4!!!