Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Perks, pains and oh so Pregnant


So being pregnant has its hilarious advantages.

You get an excuse to act a little crazier. You get to be waited on. You can talk about things that would normally make people uncomfortable...like what is going on inside you and the development of your baby...which has been really funny for me because I am normally the person that gags on Grey's Anatomy or gets sick at the sight of your blood pressure being taken. But for this baby inside me, I love getting to know every detail about the development. Maybe because we ARE NOT finding out if its a boy or a girl until it is in my arms this August....I know its CRAZY. The most control happy woman on the planet is NOT FINDING OUT...if I can do it sister...anyone can....

But here are the down sides...I get the flu every Spring. The kind that I get two flu shots to prepare, take vitamin C every day and still am out for the week on pain medicine. Well I got a virus going around this weekend...that involves a NASTY cough, flem, a SUCKER PUNCH type headache, body ache, and some VOMit...not fun....

So then I call my doctor to find out what I can take...NOTHING but regular extra strength Tylenol...wow...oh and I can have as much water and Gatorade as I want...woohoo. Anyway I hope things start looking up today...its going around my whole family lasting 3-5 days...beware world. I think its going around every where.

OK so now on to my STRETCH MARK REMEDY...or as I like to call it, my magic potion. So I did a lot of research on these creams because there are so many out there. They cost about $30-50  for a travel size tube so I wondered can I make this my self? Well my hair dresser told me she didn't get any stretch marks and she applied a home mix of cocoa butter and vitamin C oil every night before bed. 

Well BabyCenter.com and Fit Pregnancy all recommend vitamin E oil. So I ventured over to Whole Foods and purchased this great smelling, hydrating goodness:

Jason is the bomb.com....and smells like a beach
I am a HUGE fan of Dove products so I have been using the cream oil with shea butter...
This is another fav shea butter lotion also...I change out between this one and the DOVE. This one can be a little more sticky because its all organic but it smells like lavendar fields and mixed with the vitamin E oil makes for a constantly soft mommy-to be.

The vitamin E oil goes a long way so use very carefully. I use two little drops for each stretch mark vulnerable region.

So...I am home for the third day in a row sick. Pack on the anti-oxidants, vitamin C, green tea and stay away from the sickly (no matter how much you love them) because NOTHING is worse than being sick and PREG....the only thing I can take is tylenol extra strength....thats it.

For a cough, runny nose, fever, sore throat, body ache...this does not do much....its horrible. So today I am backing on the berries, green tea, and vitamin C. 

Hopefully I will join you the public tomorrow...

momma-to-be-DD