Sunday, February 19, 2012

MRS. OFFICER

Ha, wow. Did anyone else know this is a song? I didn't. I am way out of the loop on pop culture these days except what the officer and my sister tell me. This song, "Mrs. Officer" is by Lil Wayne. But its about a lady cop, not an Officer's wife. Ha. I got excited for about two seconds thinking, "WE HAVE A SONG?" Ha. No. We do not.

Anyway(Sorry, back to the blog.), Part of the reason I started this blog was because when I became an Officer's wife 3 years ago...there was nothing encouraging for me to read about. NOTHING. ZIP. ZERO. Talk about a depressing and unknown world to enter. Everything I found was discouraging. I know I have said this before, so I am sorry if its redundant, but its an unreached group in the large world of blogging, publishing, and self-help. It shocked me to think in the media stricken world we live in. I can't find a thing to encourage me that life as an officer's wife will be okay. Then I saw our climbing divorce rate, and I realized....that is why. No marriag survives to write about it. Sad reality.

What does that mean to me?

1. I need ALOT-A support. 

First and foremost, from the Lord. He is absolutely #1 and the center of our life. We fail at that miserably at times, but we follow a Lord of grace who makes his mercies new to us every morning (Lamentations 3). He saved us with his death on the cross (John 3:16) and because we believe in him we will have eternal life (John 5:24). Second, from each other, third from our family and fourth, from community. I think community can look like a lot of things, but I think it is essential to growth in Christ and even in marriage. We were not meant to be an island or an island of just the two of you.

2. This blog will be encouraging to you.

Not all the time, because I am human (and a dramatic one if I am being honest), so for that reason you will get some rough posts...but here is a place you will find encouragement to know you can make it. I'm figuring it out as I go. It has not been any easy road by any means. However, the places God has brought me and the strength I have been given to continue are far more satisfying than the scenery along the way.

So stay awhile, and read along about the tails of my journey with the officer.