Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Wife Wednesdays

Dear New Detective Wives,
Can you give me your thoughts? I am new at this. I am learning about words like, "sting" and "on call" (which seems like all the time) and getting used to meeting my hubs for lunch in a "civilian" looking car while he is wearing a suit and tie with a big ole' badge and gun holster on his belt. I laugh, but smile with joy when I see the Officer growing into a........Detective. Among those funny words and new schedule is one happy officer, excuse me...Detective. You might have weird hours, or our husbands might be getting into stuff that makes our hairs stand up or even worse, make us afraid to go outside, but thank God people desire to do what our guys do. Thank God men want to catch the bad guys. Thank God men who love the Lord want to catch the bad guys. What would we do without them.

If you feel like you now look at places with these dingy glasses (the opposite of rose colored) and see how bad the world is, then this is how our husbands must see the minority of the world the majority of the time. Does that make sense? It helps me sleep at night.  Hope it helps you.

In the mean time, I am enjoying the ride of detective wife. We have seasons of life. Seasons where your schedule seems perfect, and seasons where your schedule seems impossible to participate in society as anything other than a vampire. Maybe you have been a vampire for awhile. Find joy in it, no matter what. Life is too short.

~an Officer and a Mrs.