Monday, April 16, 2012

School of Rox - 8 MONTHS!

Roxie-

Where did the time go? I can tell you one thing my love (and the fact that posting this is 3 full days late is proof) you are ON THE GO:

-Crawling at lightning speed
-Flipping away mid diaper change causing Officer and I to yell, "naked baby on the loose"
-Pulling your self up on the empty box of diapers (your new favorite toy) only as mom turns her back
-Pulling yourself up on anything when mom turns her back
-Crawling over all barricades mom creates
-Diving into any pile of laundry (clean or dirty) mom leaves out
-Diving off the bed because you saw puppy do it and mom catching you in the air (yes- this happened and yes it scared me almost to death)

Food:
Apples and Rice cakes (gluten free of course) are your new favorite snacks

We introduced you to your first antibiotic this month when you got (all at once) an eye infection, ear infection and stomach bug. Mom was SUPER happy you were not allergic since her entire family is. You were such a trooper even the Dr. couldn't believe you really had all of these things.

You will actually sit still and enjoy two books and two books only so we read them over and over.
-I love you now and forever more and Go dog go!

We got you the vtech music piano for Easter and you drag it around by the microphone. Its adorable.

You love to fake cough- thanks to your bff Jackson and its pretty funny.

You talk like a crazy girl and it makes Officer and I so happy.

You are not crazy about sitting in your high chair eating. Mostly because it keeps you still and bound. We are working on some table manners right now.

You can sign "all done" and you can wave and say, "hi"

You think its hilarious when mom tells you know and have QUITE the attitude if we suggest something you have no desire of doing or take anything from you. I have NO idea where you get that...

You adore me, your momma. You are happiest if you can see me. You smile and laugh at all my jokes. You even let me hold you and comfort you. You reach for me when I pick you up at the nursery. It melts my heart. I know a day will come when you might not be as crazy for momma so I soak up these moments. I am grateful to be able to spend my days with you Fox and I can't imagine life without you. You make your daddy and I so happy.

~an Officer and a Mrs.