Saturday, April 3, 2010

Mom's 50th

I LOVE that Spring is here so we are now decorating with Spring colors. I have never been a fan of using multiple pastel colors so when I decorate for spring I like to pick monochromatic schemes and go crazy with them. With my mom's 50th we used mainly purple everything because that is her favorite color but did purple in ALL hues. Green was my accent color and we used green on the paisley napkins, as a big flower on the cake, in the grapes for decor and in the glasses that the lavender daisies sat in.

We filled the room with flowers because I believe that a few flowers spread throughout the house can be more decor that you could ever imagine. And it worked. My mom felt like spring was everywhere. Check out our center spread where the cake sat!

Cant wait for the next party! Maybe a bridal shower in the near future!




DKD