Sunday, January 9, 2011

Cha-Cha-Changes

Well Hey Bloggers,

Who ever might still be following my horrible blogging self...I do realize its been 3 weeks since I last blogged but allot has been going on in the Douthit house. More to come on that. :)

For starters, this blog is going to start to look a lot different. I have taken on some new parts to my job and more job responsibilities = more to blog about.

Next, my sweet hubs changed his work schedule and that means I get to spend about 2 nights with him a week...very hard adjustment for me.

Next, I have been injure and will no longer get to run my FIRST ever marathon in Feb...though the snow out my window is not necessarily beckoning me to run...I do miss my cold runs.

And last- I have been sick and extremely tired as a result. So thanks for being patient.

For the new year, I have decided to document the little things I am thankful for because I think the little things add up to a great life and I need to remember how great mine is.

So here we go. This might help you get to know me more if you don't.

I am thankful that after we see a movie, my husband talks in whatever accent they do for about a week.

He loves to make me laugh...at whatever the cost.

Our little tiny apartment smells wonderful because it only takes one candle to fill the whole place.

We have yet to turn the heater on because the $20 space heater I bought at target also fills the entire apartment with warmth.

Our bathroom always smells of my organic lavender soap because husband likes to use it just as much as I do...that is a secret of his.

My family lives close and I am so grateful for that.

We call my sister Gu because she loves drama and memories of her childhood usually have our family laughing at every gathering we have. And she allows us to laugh until we cry.

My grandparents wedding anniversary is almost exactly 50 years ahead of Jeff and I.

I work with 4 ladies who are some of my closest friends. I love going to work.

Simply lemonade with raspberry is my favorite drink in 2011 (so far) and I don't care that I am drinking calories.

I go to the gym as often and I can but it doesn't rule my life.

The Lord is teaching me about control and how freeing it is to give it all to Him...its quite the lesson.

More updates to come. I feel like the next few entries will be about all the changes in 2011.

DD