Sunday, November 28, 2010

Black Friday High....



Well I am TERRIBLE at taking pictures and documenting big events...mostly because I get very stuck in the moment...and Black Friday was QUITE the moment...

So I had lots of feelings as I spread the newspaper adds out on Thanksgiving morning. I was getting ready for the trot with my fam...total success see below...
Maria, Me, Sister, and Al...it was a blast with the 30,000 other Dallasites

Ok....so back to black FRI....
I saw that...
Old Navy opened at midnight
Target opened at 4am
Ulta opened at 6am
and then all my mall stops opened at 8am...

dilemma...since old navy would only talk about 45 min and that would leave quite the gap between old navy and target...so here is what my mom the excellent trooper did:

11pm- 30 min nap
11:45pm- leave for Old Navy
12am- get to old navy just in time to run in with the other crazies and purchase the following for a grand total of $70...7 pairs of warm fuzzy socks, two running vests, one party cardi, one child onsie, one sparkle tank, one wool coat....um yes marvel in amazement.

12:45am- finish at target...decide to run to Walmart (not so crazy yet) and purchase a blue ray player with wifi for $80...great purchase momma

1:15am- lots of time and already feeling tired....so...we hit 7-11 for some grande vanilla sugar-filled cappuccinos and pop tarts....next it gets crazy
1:30am- arrive at Target and join the small line that has formed...so we didn't want anything to big...but we are a go big or go home family so we wrapped up in a blanket with our coffee and pop tarts, made new friends, stayed freezing and wide awake for 2.5 HOURS!!!
Are you impressed yet? I was definitely impressed with us!!!
4am- Target doors open and several people try to cut but us troopers yell, "No!!!" and we rush into target!!! I was so proud of my mom and I- we split the list to divide and conquer and we did good. Here is what we got with $650 of savings:

40 inch LCD flat screen: $298
Phillips Ipod speaker doc: $70
2 sets of 700 thread count sheets: $30 (each)
King feather down: $25
Channel Throw: $10
Several movies: $4 (each)
Several TV seasons: $12 (each)
Friends seasons 1, 4,5,10: $10 (each)
Winter gloves: $1.50
Pillows: $20 (amazing!!!)
V-neck t-shirts: $6
Sleep sets: $5

5:15am- drive across town in search for a starbucks because our Target High was wearing off at this point and we weren't sure we would make it. So we drove across Plano and finally found a starbucks...can I get an AMEN!!

5:50am- sit outside of Ulta and wait for it to open...OMG so worth it!! We got great deals on Smash Mouth, Stila, and great stocking stuffers...woot woot!!!

7:am- arrive back to my moms house and CRASSSSHHH....

11am- wake up, see jeff, shower and hit the mall!!

I hit Michael's, Victoria Secret, Gap, Bath and Body Works, and finished all my Christmas shopping but one gift. I did a few online purchases if stores were out of things I wanted and let me just say- it was SOOO worth it!!!!!

Now my apartment is decorated for Christmas- see the awesomeness below:

Lots of Black Friday PRIDE lay in and around that tree!!

Now its time for the post thanksgiving and pre Christmas/Marathon prep diet and work out!!! Tune in for updates on how it goes!!

DD