Saturday, January 7, 2012

Cha-Cha-changes in 2012

Love me some Saturday mornings. Most of the blogs I get out of bed giddy to check on take the weekend off, but Saturday mornings for me have been really no different than any other week day on account of the fact that my officer has been a night officer...until now...you can insert a picture of me jumping up and down excited giggling here.

For the next year my officer will be a regular Joe. Working 8-5pm, Monday through Friday, with holidays off....excuse me did you I just hear myself say he gets holidays off? I still don't know what that means.

People always are surprised when he isn't off on a holiday. And I have this whole line I save for these moments about how nurses and doctors and officers have to keep working because the world doesn't stop for a holiday yada yada yada...though I must admit I have to fight off irritation, the truth is, if I didn't call my officer husband, I would never have that much know how about the workings of shift work...I have to remind myself this...back to the changes of 2012.

Anyway he is going to go to bed WITH me Sunday night and WAKING up WITH me Monday morning. Crazy. My thankfulness to the Lord is unbearable, I can't believe the Lord is allowing us this fun season. This is a big year for us as a family and all the celebrations for our family and friends. Typically I have to explain how Officer would love to be here but can't because of his job, but this year he will make almost everything with me. I also love that little fox gets to have her dad at everything. Thank you Lord!

The past 3 years have been patience and waiting and also a lot of disappointment so getting to see my officer take this step in his career brings me joy and reminds me that God is faithful and working when I don't see. I need only be still. (Exodus 14:14)

So for 2012, we might experience some normalcy. We are praying to use this time to grow in our relationship with God, each other, family and friends. Also a great break to remember all the happenings of the past 3 years and share the good stories with you all!

~an officer and a mrs.