Sunday, January 1, 2012

Greatest 3 years....

me and dad on my wedding day 1.1.2009 with his wedding gift to me...new pajamas...silly dad
4.21.2008 the day i got engaged to my officer. Was a magical day this was in good ole' Lubbock, TX

12.31.2008 Happy New Year's 3 years ago...when we kissed good night at midnight only to see each other at the alter the next morning.
12.2006 When we met....hilarious to me. But to date that is my favorite shirt officer wears.

I know, I know there is no logic to the order of these pictures. But it was funny to me to bounce back and forth between them to see how much we have changed and how little we have changed all at once. I am grateful I don't feel old looking back at that picture from 2006. I still feel so young and I am grateful for the many lessons and joys ahead.

This year of marriage to the officer was my favorite of the 3. Not only because it brought Roxanne Renee but because the Lord gave me this new joy about his job and our life. Pregnancy is my biggest take away from 2011, since for more than half of it I was carrying a baby who's gender we did not know! The second I found out I was pregnant, fears, worries and unknowns filled my heart, except for one thing. I knew without a doubt I had chosen the best partner I could have ever imagined to begin this journey with, he would do whatever it took to provide for us, and that his job was suddenly the best blessing in the world. During my pregnancy, officer brought me whatever my heart desired even if it was at 4am because most of the time he was awake. I also got many sweet girl nights and trips with some of my besties on the nights he worked. I learned how to get really creative carrying things I shouldn't have by using all my baby gear for groceries, furniture, etc...(life in an apartment, always makes things more interesting). 
I know as you read over those things, they are just random but its more the new way I looked at his job and how it affected me. The Lord showed me the sweetness in our partnership, friendship and romance. I laugh the hardest with him, fight the meanest, walk the closest with and those truths have never been more dear to me.

Year 3 was sweet. I know they won't always be sweet, but I am grateful for this year being so sweet to us. I am thankful that Roxie has made us closer, revealed our selfishness that needs desperate work and also shown a side of each other that only she can bring out. I love watching officer be "dad" to her or listen to him pray with her every night. Rox, you have no idea, but you are deeply loved already!

Cheers to 3 years my love, and to many more!!!