Wednesday, January 4, 2012

An officer and a mrs bucket list

This has been an on going creation of ours since we married in 2009. I wanted to post what we have checked off, what we've added and where we are at. I know one day when Roxanne reads this, she will enjoy seeing her parents dreams. Some silly and some endearing, some we talk about all the time and some we never mention. I want her to know the list though.

I think having these dreams are so important to the mystery and growing spark in your marriage. I think an active list Is a small tangible thing to keep oneness. To dream together and to achieve goals together.

Officer is better at this than me. He is a huge dreamer. Always plays the "what if's" that my logical and practical brain can barely handle. I appreciate this in him though.

Anyway here is the list:

Horse back ride on the beach & mountains 
Travel together to:
 -Maui 
 -Vegas 
 -San Francisco
 -New York
 -Chicago
 -France
 -Italy
 -Ireland
 -Greece
 -Bahamas
Be parents 
Write a book (in progress)
Run a race (3.25.11 rock n roll half!!)
See George Strait live
Fund our kids through college
Own a home

Separate lists:
Be in a movie (Jeff)
Scuba dive (Jeff)
Fight in a tournament (Jeff)
Sky dive (Dana)
Run a half marathon (Dana)
Run a full marathon (Dana)
Carry and give birth to a baby (Dana)
Visit Europe (separately but now we need to travel together)

These are things we have been doing and adding since college, I think we are due for an update though. Anyway, with the new year and goal setting, sit down and make a bucket list with your spouse!! Document so you can check them off and your kids can look back on them.

~an officer and a mrs.