Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Yellow is the new pink

SO speaking of this little hunny's 4 month birthday....

I am finally making her room girly.

People often ask me if I ever regret not finding out the gender until she was born and the answer is NO. The whole experience of not knowing and letting it be Roxie's little secret was magical. I know that sounds cheesy but when the doctor flipped her over for Officer to announce to the room and we both melted in tears I think how I would NEVER EVER trade that moment for anything.

However, this means we have a LOT of yellow and green since those are neutral colors pleasing to both genders. Roxie's room is yellow and her bedding is green gingham, brown, white and elephant with baby chicks sitting on the trunk. The room over all at first was probably a little more "boy" but the bedding itself is more "girl". I love her bedding. Its from pottery barn kids and its just so sweet. I really hate taking pictures of Fox's room to share because it ends up making the walls look so neon and they are not.

I have spent the past 4 months deciding how I was to add some girly pink accents to her room and this is what has inspired me:

I found this the first day I got on Pinterest. It was amazing. My design is pretty eclectic and since the room was originally pretty neutral I just wanted to add some girly flair.

I made this last week inspired by another pinterest find:

Spray painted canvas to be a chalkboard...totally brill for the eclectic room I was going for.

Now I'm working on finishing her letters, and making a mobile...I know I'm terrible that I haven't added one yet but I didn't like the one I thought I would and so I just decided to keep looking.

To pinterest I go and the final room pictures to come!