Monday, December 5, 2011

momfessions

Good early morning bloggers,

Its freezing drizzling outside, baby girl is asleep and I am wide awake with our Christmas tree lights filling the room.

We have had an amazing series going on at our church, called ThanksLiving. Its convicted me in almost every area of my life, but specifically how hard it is to hold Roxanne with an open hand before the Lord.

Ever read the story of Hannah? When the Lord gave her Samuel, she gave Samuel to the Lord. That story has been in my mind alot lately. Most because I can't imagine a mother being able to do that, but of all people to give our children too...shouldn't it be God.

For all you new moms, you are in the heat of it. The early days are trying and hard, but when you get out of them, it gives you even more reason to think you deserve to hold your sweet baby with your hand tightly around them and as I look at my beautiful daughter, perfect, without wrinkles, or wounds from our broken world, I pray she lives a long life and dies of old age in her sleep and that time and the world are good to her. I pray she doesn't have to suffer or learn things the hard way, but most importantly I pray she loves the Lord.

The Lord is showing me I must first be able to love Him with all my heart. How else will my sweet Roxanne know and understand this? Through the Officer and I- that's how. Her earthly mom and dad.

Lord, keep Roxanne safe, grow her to a healthy young woman who loves you with all her heart and soul. Make us parents who model this for her and seek you first before anything else in our lives.

If you follow me...I am making some changes. Weddings used to be the sole focus of this blog and it will be shifting to what my life is now about. My baby and my officer. I am sure one day I will move back to wedding talk, but that is secondary to my new role and new path the Lord has us on...stay tuned.